



During the week Alex developed a staph infection on his leg. Yesterday he started running a fever so I took him to the doctor. They sent us to the hospital. He had to have some IV antibiotics. We also had to go back today for another round. He will also go back again tomorrow. They wanted him to come in again 2 or 3 more times besides, but Alex begged off. They agreed. He started two heavy oral antibiotics today.
He's doing great. Yesterday he was extremely cranky. I discovered he is not a good patient at all!!! After we left the doctor's office yesterday he informed me he was not going to the hospital! A lovely and animated discussion ensued to say the least. Every time some one looked at his leg they all made comments like, "Oh WOW that is big and red." I think after enough people told him that he began to realize that maybe it was a good thing he came in. I should have taken a picture of his leg, but didn't think about it yesterday and it's not as spectacular today.
I am suppose to let you know that this blog post in done completely against his will. All decency is lost now and I might as well have taken a picture with him walking down the hall in a hospital gown with his bum hanging out to finish off his misery. His words...
I will add that he was a much better patient today though. He has hardly ever had antibiotics and has not even had to go to the doctor since we were married except for a sprained ankle and a physical that I made him go to. So this has been very irritating to him to say the least!
4 comments:
staph infections and hospitals not a good thought in the ward family. I'm glad that he is feeling well and that it got taken care of before it got any worse.
HA! That's great. At least you got him to go to the hospital on the first try, it took Ben two days and a hand that was twice the size ... actually, that didn't even stop him from going to work, and then he realized it's a lot harder to cook one-handed than he had imagined. I wish there was a pick ... I'm a little disappointed.
get well Alex
I'm so glad he's doing all right! What an ordeal!
I always told kids not to pick scabs and pop zits....see what happens!
Post a Comment