We went camping again on Friday night. Alex is still determined to go camping every free weekend we have this summer. I admit that I did not want to go this weekend, even though we had nothing going on. However, we ended up having a really fun time.
We went up into the mountains this time. We even went on a very long hike. It was hard! I had planned to run Saturday night when we got back, but not after that hike. We went straight up the mountain. We went up to the snow. The kids did so good. Caleb got tired a little bit, but they all stayed happy. Alex and I couldn't believe it. When they said they wanted to go up to the snow, neither one of us thought we would all make it, but we did.
We camped beside the river. At the campsite we were at there was a swing to play on. The kids LOVED that swing. The water was too cold so they just swung on it and didn't jump in. Miraculously nobody feel in either.
On our way up we passed a huge heard of sheep. You have to love rural Idaho, that's not an uncommon occurrence.
We had super yummy food too. One thing we made for the first time was what we decided to call "bananamore's." I remember making them at girls camp a lot when I was younger. Most of you have probably had them, but if not: slice a V in a banana, cut a little of the banana out, add choc, marshmallows, etc., replace banana peel, wrap in tin foil. Cook it in the fire until it's warm. They were super gooey and yummy.
Anyway it was a fun weekend. Hope all of you had a good weekend also.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you and all your camping trips! We really enjoyed the pictures even the one of you on the rope swing. Way to go!
Post a Comment