Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our last summer hurrah

On Monday we went to Pocatello to see our cousins and have one last summer hurrah. We played with our cousins and then we went to a water park. The kids had a lot of fun going down the water slide. I didn't know if they would be brave enough, but all four of them went down it and down it all afternoon.

I even broke, according to my children, the most ridiculous of ridiculous goals I had set for the summer. I got into a swimming suit. (Let me pause here and tell you that I hate swimming. I hate being wet, I hate being cold, and I hate walking around half-dressed). Since it was a water park I realized that I couldn't let Caleb and Luke play in the lazy river (which was over their heads) without their mother. So I sucked it up and plunged in. And yes I was wet and I was cold. Oh, well. I also feel that it is a public service to not be in a bathing suit since I'm so fair skinned. But I was far from home so I hoped I wouldn't run into anyone that I knew....

Olivia and cousin Carter Luke

Luke

Jared coming out of the water slide.

Caleb at the kiddy pool.

After we swam we came back to my sister's house and we had pizza. Then we went home to get bed at a decent hour before school started.
.
Caleb, Bryson, Luke and Jared eating pizza.

4 comments:

karla4k said...

It's amazing what you do for your kids huh! I feel the same way you do about swimming!

Debra said...

Thanks for coming, it was a lot of fun. Bryson kept talking about his "cousins"

Fernandez Family said...

Good job for getting in the bathing suit! Glad you guys had fun!

Vatonurse said...

Diantha, you crack me up! The only thing worse than wearing a bathing suit is shopping for one...