
Today was our annual piano recital. This year the theme was the songs of Mexico. Jared and I each played the piano. This year Olivia sang a solo. Jared enjoys his lessons. Aunt Margaret (the piano teacher) amuses me by letting me play at them also. It's good for my kids to see me play. (I think) I think it motivates them to want to perform more and keep going with music. I have a mother motto, "I won't make the kids to anything I'm not willing to do myself." (The kids are sick of hearing it I'm sure). Well see if this proves worth its weight in the years to come.
6 comments:
I didn't know they took lessons from Aunt Margaret that is cool. Where was your recital at? You are a great example to your kids. Way to go. I like your new background.
That sounds like a good motto. I know right now my kids love the piano and to hear mom play, or themselves play, or anyone play.
I have 'All things bright and Beautiful' stuck in my head this morning, Justin is even singing it now. Wish I sounded as good as Olivia, what a beautiful voice she is developing! Way to go all of you on your awesome talents!
Your blog looks great. I love the new photos. Your family looks so cute!
I want to play too ...
I like your new background and the family pictures. Good job at the recital!
Post a Comment