Today, I attempted my first "coupon" run for grocery shopping. It was a success but a long day! I had to have 4 women hold my hand all week to even make it to the store. They had to explain and reexplain everything again and again. (Thank you Diane, Laurie, Mijken and Teresa!)
I was at Albertson's for 3 hours! Checking out was a two hour process. Everyone was SO nice there. They are big helps. I had ordered a BUNCH of stuff ahead of time and they had it all in a cart with saran wrap all ready for me. While I was at Albertson's I also did some regular grocery shopping. So my total includes those items also. Everything I did by was on sale though. I really didn't need 12 No-Bake Cheese cakes, but I decided to buy them anyway. They were $1.20/each so that didn't help my impressive total. I followed my list and I only bought 7 things that weren't on my list. So that was good I guess. It was fun, but very crazy.
I was in and out of Smith's very fast-15 min. I had a lot less things.
Here's my pictures of the day......

Here's our grocery's before we unloaded. I had already given 4 grocery bags full of food away.

Smith's:
20 bags of rice cakes, 10 Grill mates and 2 brownies
$2.92 total paid

Albertson's-the mother load
$305.96 spent ($772.75 price total after sale price before coupons)
405 items. Including 60 frosting's (don't ask me what I'm going to do with that many because I don't know), 20 salad dressings, 40 tv dinners, 20 shells and cheese, 60 cookie pouches, 45 granola bars, 20 b-que sauces, 20 spaghetti sauces....
5 comments:
Good Job!! I am so proud of you. I hope to do more big shopping when we are in Boise and there is an Albertsons on every corner!
OH my gosh!!!! Teach me your wise ways....
WHOA!!! You did awesome, especially for a first timer, you would have never know it! Sorry about the brownies, next time I will order ahead so I dont clear the shelves, I really dont like it when people do that to me.....very impressive!
I didn't know you were a couponer! I've recently realized it has become quite popular, Way to go!!
Way to go mom!!! Good job!
Post a Comment