Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb!


Caleb is six now!


Modeling his new bike and John Deer boots.

Born: Idaho. He's our miracle baby. I was suppose to be induced a week later than when he was born, but at the last minute the doctor said, "No, for some reason I feel we need to deliver him a week earlier than when we were going to." Of course I didn't mind! When he was born he had a knot in his cord and the cord was wrapped around his neck. He ended up having to stay in the hospital two weeks, but he was fine after that. The doctor said if he would have been born later he would have been stillborn.

If somebody is sick/hurt, it's always Caleb: He rode his toy off the steps one day when he was two and had to get stitches. Also when he was a toddler he had a seizure that was horrible. He stopped breathing and it's the only time I've ever called 911. He was sent to the allergist when he was three because his allergies were so bad. The allergist said that he had never seen a kid with allergies so bad and he never puts kids on shots before five-he said he was making an exception. However, Caleb only has a grass allergy so it only hits during May and June. Last year he had to take 2 prescriptions and one over the counter at the same time just to keep his eyes from swelling shut for those two months. He has to wear glasses for a strange eye problem. I don't even know what it is. He's had to have surgery last year on his urethra. They gave him medicine to fix the problem also and even on the highest strength they could give him, it couldn't touch the problem.

Foods: Caleb is the least picky kid I know. He will try anything at least once. He loves vegetables and olives are one of his favorite foods. I don't know that any food is necessarily a favorite for him, he will just likes everything. I take that back he LOVES those Lofthouse cookies in the bakery. That is probably is most favorite food.

To do: He's also a happy go lucky kid that will do whatever. He enjoys swimming, riding bikes, playing super smash brothers, and reading and listening to books. He likes Diego a lot also. HOWEVER, Caleb has a problem holding still and not pinching his neighbor. He's done that for years now and we can't break him of the habit.

Favorite thing: I have to say that is favorite thing/person is me though! Of course I love it. He's my baby! He's our child that can't get enough hugs and kisses. He comes up almost hourly and tells me he needs a hug! Works for me. I know he won't be like that for forever!

Happy birthday Caleb! We love you!

4 comments:

Debra said...

Happy Birthday to Caleb! We hope you have a great day! It was great seeing you guys. Good luck with all of your events this summer.

rneweyfamily said...

happy birthday! I can't believe how quickly kids grow.

Nicole Brown said...

I loved seeing the reunion pictures. I am so glad that "germ warfare" still lives on. What a fun game! I wish I were there with you guys! Another time.

Fernandez Family said...

I'm glad Caleb had a happy day. Barrett loves being around your kids. We also really like your blog music! Hope you survive girls camp and youth conference!